Council Rebates on Large Water Bills Caused by Leaks.

Sometimes large leaks are quiet obvious around our homes, there may be signs of running water & significant water damage. However some leaks are not so obvious as they are hidden under ground, in gardens, under driveways and slabs.

Unfortunately sometimes we don’t find these until we get a water bill that is significantly larger than what we would normally receive. So there is potentially good news if this is the case for you. If you receive a large water bill and find you have a significant leak on the water line outside your house that you were unaware of, you can contact Council and ask them for a rebate. If you wish to proceed with this you will need to provide an invoice from a licensed plumber to say that the leak has been fixed as proof of significant water loss.

Gold Coast City Council will also send you a letter so that you can investigate if they notice an extreme amount of water usage compared to your last bill. If you find yourself in this situation, the first thing you can check yourself is your water meter. Firstly ensure all your taps etc are turned off, then go up to your meter and check to see if it is ticking over. If you find it is then the next step would be to call a licensed plumber. This is where we come in, we can assist you by investigating your premises, if needed sourcing a leak detector to find the leak and then explain your options and make the repairs you require. After this is completed then we can provide you with an invoice stating the completed work so you can issue it to council to assist you in getting a rebate.

If you do notice a significant amount of water leaking or pooling somewhere, it is important you get it seen to quickly. In the meantime while you may be waiting for a plumber to arrive to assess the situation, it is important you turn the water off if you know the meter is ticking over. If you live in an apartment/duplex situation (which can be quiet common around areas such as Varsity lakes, Robina, and Mudgeereba) and you notice a significant leak that is not coming from your meter but perhaps a neighbour, it is important that you notify them and encourage them to also switch off their meter should it be ticking over significantly when they have turn water supply of in their home.

If you have any questions in regards to rebates to water bills, it is best to contact your local council, as they may vary in regards to this mater. If we can assist you with any concerns you may have with regards to a large water bill or significant leak we are more than happy to help at AJB Plumbing.

Council Rebates on Large Water Bills Caused by Leaks 600x600 - Council Rebates on Large Water Bills Caused by Leaks.